- Bucks get PJ Tucker, Rodions Kurucs, and their 2022 first round pick. Rockets get D.J. Augustin, D.J. Wilson, 2021 first-round pick (pick swap, Top 9 protected) & 2023 first-round pick. Rockets just had to get something for PJ Tucker, but I don’t think this was enough. The Bucks get a decent 3 point shooter and a defender that can guard 3 different positions. Milwaukee won this trade.
- Nuggets get JaVale McGee. Cavs get Isaiah Hartenstein & 2 future 2nd-Round Picks. Nuggets get an expiring athletic center. Solid trade for both teams. Cavs get picks to play with and Nuggets get another piece to push for the title.
- Bulls get Nikola Vucevic and Aminu. Magic get Otto Porter Jr, Wendell Carter Jr, and 2 future first rounders. Orlando are blowing it up. Bulls get a great center in Vucevic. Bulls are currently the 10 seed and want to push for the playoffs. Otto is an expiring contract to make salaries match. Wendell Carter might be good, might not. This frees up a lot of space for Mo Bamba to get more minutes.
- Magic get Jeff Teague & 2 Second Round Picks. Celtics get Evan Fournier. Celtics get some much needed wing depth and another 3-point shooter. Magic get more picks and another expiring contract.
- Magic get Gary Harris, RJ Hampton & a 1st Round Pick. Nuggets get Aaron Gordon & Gary Clark. Nuggets starting lineup gets better at the cost of some young talent. Denver clearly believe they can win the title this season. Time will tell, but I like their moves. Got to go for a ring at some point. The Joker, Murray, and Aaron Gordon are a strong threesome. RJ Hampton might be a stud one day, but Gordon is better.
- Trailblazers get Norman Powell. Raptors get Gary Trent Jr & Rodney Hood. This trade is kind of a wash to me. I like Gary Trent Jr a lot so I’d say the Raptors win this trade, but I’m biased.
- Heat get Victor Oladipo. Rockets get Kelly Olynyk, Avery Bradley and a draft pick swap. Houston just had to get something for Oladipo. Maybe Victor will get healthy and help Miami in the playoffs.
There were other trades like JJ Reddick goin to the Mavs for James Johnson. Rajon Rondo going back to LA to play for the Clippers for Lou Williams. Lou gets to eat his lemon pepper wings in Atlanta again. He’s already broken quarantine for them once! Shoutout Jack Harklow. My Hornets got their man – BRAD WANAMAKER.
The Magic basically sold out for draft picks and so they can play their young talent more minutes. Their roster wasn’t working so I like what they did. Time will tell if it will make them better. Denver are clearly pushing for a title and can’t hate on that. Bulls get a lot better in their starting lineup to try and win a playoff series. It wasn’t the craziest deadline with Kyle Lowry and others not moving, but it still could change the NBA playoffs this year. Bulls and Nuggets are the big winners for this season. Magic are winners for the future if they can draft correctly, as well as RJ Hampton and others panning out.