PJ Washington and Devonte Graham balled out. Washington was 7-11 from 3 in his debut. Washington set an NBA record for made 3s in a debut. INJECT IT IN MY VEINS. Charlotte was down 118-108 to the Bulls. They lost all these games last year. 1-0 is awesome. This may be the peak, but I am soaking it in. I was impressed with Devonte Graham’s pick n roll. The guy is an amazing passer. Batum looks slow and old, but the YOUNGSTERS BALLED OUT! Shoutout to Marvin Williams, the 15 year veteran was 5-7 from 3. The Hornets actually won a close game after being terrible in these games over the past two seasons.
Let me start off by saying I love Cam Newton as a Panthers fan. He won a MVP and led the Panthers to the Super Bowl in 2015. When he is healthy, he is my favorite QB to watch in the league. Ideally, Allen would lead the Panthers to wins against the 49ers and Titans. Then Cam would come back and wreck the Redskins and lead the Panthers to another Super Bowl. The ideal result rarely happens with my professional sports’ teams Ex: Kemba and the Hornets. From everything I have read about Cam, he is a hard-worker, great father, and team player. Kyle Allen has said Cam has been helpful since Allen has been starting. I am saying all this to say I will miss him if he is traded, but I think it may be the best move for my favorite NFL franchise and here is why:
- He may never be healthy again. Cam has almost 1,000 designed rushing attempts in his career as a Panther. That does not include his QB hits as a Panther, sacks as a Panther, and all the hits he took while winning the Heisman at Auburn. The Panthers utilized/ran Cam into the ground in the pursuit of a Super Bowl. CMC is seemingly getting that treatment this season. Not saying it is a bad thing, but it is a reality in the NFL. Players wear out quicker when they are used more. Shocking I know. Kyle Allen’s best years are ahead of him. Cam’s are seemingly not.
- David Tepper, the owner of the Panthers, did not draft Cam Newton. Will Grier was drafted in the 3rd round of this year’s draft by the Panthers. Carolina and Tepper already realized Cam was declining in health before his lisfranc injury this preseason that was re-aggravated against the Buccaneers. Cam said he couldn’t run during the first two weeks of this season. The Panthers didn’t draft Will Grier to play this year. Kyle Allen was forced into action because of Cam’s injury and him having more experience than Will. Tepper and Rivera know Cam isn’t going to last forever and that is proven by the Panthers using a 3rd round pick on a QB this offseason. Kyle Allen is 4-0 as a starter and hasn’t thrown an interception. Is that enough to put the franchise in his hands?
- $21.1 million. If Cam Newton is traded before next season, the Panthers will have an extra $21.1 million to spend on other key players like Christian McCaffrey, Shaq Thompson, Gerald McCoy, Mario Addison, and a new TE with Greg Olsen moving to the booth after this season. The “formula” that got the Seahawks (2013 and 2014), Rams (2019), and Panthers (2015) to the Super Bowl was a cheap QB on a rookie contract so you can ball out and splurge on the defense and offensive playmakers. Panthers already have a great defense and playmakers, but signing 1 or 2 more pieces would make them the cream of the crop in the NFL.
- Panthers have been drafting well of late. The Vikings gave up a 1st and a 4th for Sam Bradford not too long ago. The Panthers have hit on almost all of their high draft picks. If Carolina can get some high draft picks for Cam, they would have to consider it.
Now that we know why the Panthers would even think about trading one of their best players in franchise history.. The Panthers have a history of getting rid of franchise cornerstones. Julius Peppers, Steve Smith and more recently, Ryan Kalil and Thomas Davis.
Let’s look at who would want him..
- Da Bears. During his 3rd season, JaMarcus Russell’s YPA was 5.23. He never played in the NFL again after that. That same year (2009), Brady Quinn was at 5.23 YPA. He didn’t throw a pass again until 2012. Mitchell Trubisky is at 5.24 YPA in his 3rd season right now. The Bears are a QB away from making a Super Bowl in many people’s eyes. Mitch could still be a good NFL QB, but he hasn’t shown that this season. Newton could be a 1 to 2 year stop gap for a team with one of the best defenses in football.
- Broncos. I don’t think he is tall or pale enough for John Elway, but Cam would deff make Denver better for the foreseeable future. Even if Cam can’t run, Flacco can’t either.
- Dolphins. Miami are clearly tanking for Tua, but Cam could start over Tua for a year like Alex Smith and Mahomes. The Dolphins have the draft picks to make it happen.
- Redskins. Same as Miami. Haskins is a young QB that could learn a lot playing behind Cam.
- Raiders. Gruden and Carr don’t get along, I don’t care what they said during Hard Knocks. Raiders have the draft picks and Gruden clearly likes to trade.
- Titans. Mariota and Tannehill don’t seem to be the answer for head coach Mike Vrabel. Titans have solid players on both sides of the ball, but lack a QB.
- Teams I forgot.
It is not an easy decision to make. I already listed my ideal scenario as a Panthers fan above. I just think if there is a strong offer for Cam Newton, it could make the Panthers a lot better in 3-5 years to trade him now than keep him.
61-53-2 on NBA in 2017/18 up 9.28 units
30-28-2 on NBA in 2018/19 up 4.16 units
0-0 on NBA in 2019/20
Season Preview and Power Rankings here.
The Raptors beat the Zion-less Pelicans in overtime and the Clippers won the battle of LA against Lebron and AD.
The games were fine. This kid was awesome. I love how he pumpfaked the camera-man by showing a Clippers shirt.. then took it down and put up a “Fight with Freedom, Stand with Hong Kong” shirt. The camera-man did the awkward look away that happens when you’re staring at a cute girl for too long and she catches you. The NBA (or Lakers affiliate) definitely told the camera people to not show these shirts. The first kid dabs. The second kid stands up for Human Rights. What a World. I am watching all NBA games illegally until they stand with freedom and not with China. It is the least I can do. As a Hornets fan.. it shouldn’t be that hard for me to avoid watching Primetime NBA games. But I am still gonna gamble on the games because a degenerate gotta degenerate.
Here is a video of the Hong Kong flag that wasn’t taken down on the TNT broadcast. I have a lot of respect for Daryl Morey, Adam Silver, and Shaq for their views. It seems the NBA is standing with freedom, but they are not all the way there yet. Keep going!
Kings at -120 for 4 units. I had the Kings at 14 in my power rankings and the Suns at 27. That alone is good enough for me to take them at -120. De’Aaron Fox, Buddy Hield, and Marvin Bagley all improved last year. I expect them to continue their upward trajectory. Suns had a lot of preseason injuries.. Cam Johnson, Ty Jerome, Mikal Bridges, Tyler Johnson, Oubre Jr, Aron Baynes, and Saric have all missed time over the past 10 days. Kings have more talent, more depth, and more cohesion than the Suns. Call me crazy, but I think the Kings are gonna make the playoffs in the West. The Suns are not, even if they were healthy.
Juan Soto was 3 for 4 with 3 RBIs in the Nationals win in Houston. The Astros tried to come back, but fell a little short. Scherzer struck out 7 and gave up 2 runs over 5 innings in the win. Gerrit Cole receives his first lost since he pitched against the White Sox on May 22nd, 5 months ago. Great Game 1. Strasburg-Verlander Next.
91-44-6 on tennis in 2018 up 42.63 units
46-54 on tennis in 2019 down 48.22 units
Rublev -2 at +105 for 3 units.
Rublev wins 2-0 at +155 for 2 units. I have been riding Rublev to some wins. He is fine-form coming off his Russian Open title. Felix Auger-Aliassime is another one of the best up and comers in the tennis world. Felix is currently ranked higher and is the 6th seed in this tournament. Rublev holds the H2H advantage winning their only other meeting. Rublev has had a more convincing hardcourt season of late. The Russian has a better serve and has only lost to top-10 players over the past month. Both players have an extremely high ceiling and could challenge the Big 3 of Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic in the coming years… but for now, I like Rublev more.
69-58-5 on the NFL last season (2018/19) up 26.36 units
24-32 on the NFL this season down 9.87 units
If I had Melvin Gordon in a fantasy league I would drop him because I had Chargers Moneyline and he blew it. I’m that bitter. Evan Silva tweeted that plays designed for Melvin Gordon are averaging 2.2 yards since his return. Chargers are 0-3 since his return. Gordon had 4 carries inside the 5 against the Titans. He fumbled two of them. Derek Carr didn’t even fumble that much. Maybe, my man’s should have kept holding out.. or at least hold onto the football.
Patriots/Jets over 48.5 at +165 for 2 units.
Jets over 16.5 at -105 for 2 units.
Patriots/Jets over 43 at -115 for 7 units. Bell only had 15 touches last week in the Jets win over Dallas. He will get at least 20 tonight. The Jets have averaged 20 points a game with Darnold starting (Bills, Cowboys). There were 44 points scored between these teams earlier this year, without Darnold. Luke Falk and the Jets were able to put up 14 points against the Patriots.. Granted, 7 of those points were on a Jarrett Stidham pick 6. I expect Darnold to get at least 20. The Bills in Buffalo have been the only team to hold the Patriots under 30 points this season. Gase can call enough good plays to get Crowder, Anderson, and Bell in space. No Josh Gordon for the Patriots. Mosley, one of the best linebackers in the league according to me, is back for the Jets. Patriots only allow 8 points a game, but the only good QB they have played was Josh Allen, who didn’t finish the game. Darnold has opened the box up a little bit for Bell. I expect the Patriots to win, but the Jets to put up enough points to push the over.
The image above is a picture I took of Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan Stadium when Sevilla beat Levante 3-1 in 2016. I expect more of the same today against Levante in Seville #NervionPlaza
92-78-9 on Soccer in 2018 up 8.17 units
55-44-10 on Soccer in 2019 down 0.63 units
Liverpool/Manchester United over 2.5 at -120 for 2 units.
Liverpool at -140 for 4 units. Mane and Salah. I have been asking my Liverpool friends if they like Mane or Salah more and the answer as either been Yes.. or extended paragraphs on how they are both amazing and how they are lucky to have them. No Pogba or De Gea for United. Manchester United have 1 win in their last 7 league games. Now they go up against the best club in the World in my eyes. This line should be -200.
Sevilla at -300 for 4 units. Sevilla won’t lose at home. Start Chicharito!! Jesus Navas will supply the crosses. Banega will add the creativity. Ocampos has been in more than fine form. Levante lacks the fluidity that Sevilla has shown this season.
Roma at +115 for 1 unit. Sampdoria have lost their last 3 league games. They are bottom of the table. Cristante, Dzeko, and Kolarov will use their experience to get the dub. Just want to get the juices flowing with my cup of coffee before my big Liverpool/NFL bets.
69-58-5 on the NFL last season (2018/19) up 26.36 units
22-28 on the NFL this season down 5.07 units
My Carolina Panthers are on BYE this Sunday.. So to keep my interests high I am betting a silly amount of money today. Ride with me. Going with my gut. I can’t lose money today. I’m waking up feeling dangerous.
Ravens/Seahawks under 49.5 at -120 for 2 units. Running-type game. It is going to be rainy in Seattle tomorrow. Know your weather. Yeah Lockett or Snead may catch a long touchdown, but I like Earl Thomas to help the under in his revenge game. Maybe he will give the finger to gum-chewing Pete again. Also, this random guy that has a fake record on twitter has the over as his max play. Fading him. Don’t want to put him on blast because he is my little secret. I am 3-0 fading him all-time.
Jaguars -3 at -155 for 2 units. Buying a point and a half. Bengals can’t tackle. Fournette should have a game. The Bengals have allowed 184.5 rush YPG this season. 184.5!!! Minshew rebounds after struggling for a couple weeks. Minshew still has the highest QBR through his first 6 games a Jaguar since ECU’s David Gerrard. Andy Dalton has looked almost as bad this season as Joe Flacco did on Thursday Night.
Redskins/49ers over 40 at -110 for 1 unit. Terry McLaurin and Adrian Peterson can get 14 points. The 49ers are going to score at least 30. Kyle Shanahan is going to fuck his old team up.
49ers -10 at -115 for 4 units. Kyle Shanahan is going to fuck his old team up. Oh, sorry. I already said that. The 49ers have an average point differential of +16.6. The Redskins beat the Dolphins by 1. The 49ers have covered every time I have bet on them this season. Oh I think they like me. RIP Buddie of Dem Franchize Boyz. Fuck Cancer.
Redskins inability to run the ball will hurt them early and then Case Keenum will make some mistakes later on. Book it.
Giants at -170 for 4 units. Cardinals defense blows. Daniel Jones has been sacked only 10 times this year. Eli Manning would have fallen down with no one around him at least that many times by now. Playing the Cardinals on 10 days of rest will be a breath of fresh air for the Giants after playing the Patriots. That sentence was a mouthful. Here are some short ones. Saquon is back. Engram is back.
Bills are my survivor pick. There are only 200 people left in my pool. Ryan Fitzpatrick could ball out, but I trust the Bills D at home.
DJ LeMahieu hit a homer to pull the Yankees back even in the 9th.
Then Altuve crushes Yankees fans hearts with a two run bottom of the 9th homer. 6-4 Astros. The little man can yack a baseball.
This is how Altuve makes Yankees fans feel below..
Bryce Harper will try to bring a championship to DC.. even though he plays for the Phillies. Addition by subtraction.