Saints won 33-27 with Teddy Two Gloves at QB. Deonte Harris’s punt return touchdown was the difference.
- Russell Wilson: 32/50, 406 yards, 2 TDs + 7 carries, 51 yards, 2 TDs
- Chris Carson: 15 carries, 53 yards + 1 target, 1 reception, -2 yards
- CJ Prosise: 4 carries, 5 yards + 5 targets, 5 receptions, 38 yards
- Tyler Lockett: 14 targets, 11 receptions, 154 yards, 1 TD
- DK Metcalf: 6 targets, 2 receptions, 67 yards
- Will Dissly: 7 targets, 6 receptions, 62 yards, 1 TD
DK Metcalf is the first Seattle player to ever start their career with 3 60+ yard receiving games. A lot of people thought Metcalf was simply a speedster like Darrius Heyward-Bey, but I think he is more than that. Carson seems to be the workhorse, but he is trying to fumble away his job. Seattle had 1 TFL and that was by Bobby Wagner. Seattle still struggles at pressuring the QB and the backfield, even with Clowney. Seattle needs to get better in the trenches.
- Teddy Bridgewater: 19/27, 177 yards, 2 TDs + 3 carries, 12 yards\
- Taysom Hill: 1 catch for 5 yards + 1 rush for 5 yards
- Alvin Kamara: 16 carries, 69 yards, 1 TD + 10 targets, 9 receptions, 92 yards, 1 TD
- Latavius Murray: 2 carries, 2 yards
- Michael Thomas: 7 targets, 5 receptions, 54 yards, 1 TD
- Ted Ginn, Jr: 5 targets, 2 receptions, 15 yards
- Jared Cook: 2 targets, 1 reception, 7 yards
Kamara just ate up a lot of checkdowns. Kamara is so damn good. He is hard to bring down, slippery, strong, and balanced. Michael Thomas is not as good without Brees. The Saints haven’t allowed a 100 yard rusher since… Samaje Perine in 2017. Marshon Lattimore led the team in tackles and pass deflections. He is still a stud corner. The Saints have a solid defense, one of the best RB/WRs, and a great o-line. If I wasn’t a Panthers fan and all-in on Kyle Allen, I would predict New Orleans to win the division… but my bias is in the way..